Husky 262xp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hi everyone,

What would you suggest is a decent price to pay for a 262xp - hasn't been run in about 5 years - owner says there are no major problems, but likely needs a 'tune up'. I'd love to try this saw out, but don't want to pay too much. I'll likely repair and resell. Cheers!

I'd pay anywhere from $200 to 350 if it was extra clean w/ good compression etc.

Reactions: HittinSteel
Thanks Thistle - compression unknown, but saw looks clean (from photos....), I guess I'll have to check it out. I need to buy a damn compression tester! Might be able to on the way to the saw! Cheers!

You can always search completed listings on eBay for saws of similar condition to get a rough idea.

Good idea - I'll check how to do that - thanks MM.

Cheers!

Thistle is dead on...... I've owned 2. One I sold for $275, the other for $300. Both were good running clean saws, but not mint.

Thanks Hittin. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.