Husky 365 compression / pre buy inspection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrant

Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
Any thing I should take a close look at on a Husky 365 before I buy it?

What should min compression be? What is the proper way to check compression? Full throttle? no throttle? choke on/off? hot? cold?

Any reason not to go with a 365? Going to be using it on my Lewis chainsaw winch and to back up my Husky 353.

Thanks guys!

Well I bought it. It's a 365 Special. Has 143lbs of compression. Came with a 20" bar/3 chains, and a 28" bar/3 chains. An oregon file guide, a few files. 4 gallons of bar oil. A needle greaser, scrench, spark plug.

It could use a good cleaning, but I wouldn't say it has been abused.

Was a little hard to get started, but it had been sitting for 4 months, and it was 15 degrees. So I didn't expect it to fire right up.

Think $300 was too much?

Sounds like one heck of a deal. The bars and chains alone if not used up are easily $100 of the deal. 143 is great compression. Best thing is, if the piston ever gets fried, you can swap on a 372 top end for a couple hundred and still be ahead of a new 372 by a good margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.