1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Husky 440E

Post in 'The Gear' started by Oldmainer, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldmainer

Oldmainer Member

Loc:
    southern maine
    Hi Guys...just bought a Husky440E from Lowes to replace a 15 year old Husky51. My son does the trunks with a large Husky and I do the tops. Good saw...bad? Am I gonna be happy with this new saw? I'm 74 so I have gone by the days of using a hvy saw...:) Franklin

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    If the weight feels good to you, I would think the rest will work out just fine! :cheese:
  3. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
  4. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey USA
    Hum, short and old thread, but I resurrect to see if the time has produced experience to share.

I purchased a 440E about a week ago and have not put it to use yet...but I can say I don't like the manual and the strange look of the machine. It has what I think is a blade tension adjustment covers up how to remove the hover to service/clean the blade track. The manual now has a group of numbered very small pictures that the text refers to, not nice big half page pictures adjacent to the text. This alone makes me dislike Husqvarna.
  5. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

I must admit I never liked snap locks on the cover <> My Echo has snap locks and I love that saw and would not trade it for the world but I want to kick the engineer for those stupid snap locks. Over time I have found many things on my saws that irritate me but if its a good runner I let it slide after all nothing is perfect. AC sold a super 034 to me and I finally am liking Stihl though the start stop switch irritates the heck out of me. I suppose I am to picky ! Every Husky I have used has been good quality even the low end ones but I agree the Poulan manuals ( owned by Husky ) are the same way tiny non descriptive pictures.

Pete
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

What don't you like Pete? Is yours not functioning correctly?

Yeah, the Husky manuals are nothing to write home about. I was actually disappointed with the manual for my new Stihl SH86 blower (I know, cry me a river..... :p ) as it had a lot of itsy bitsy drawings about what not to do and was pretty short on how to operate the thing. Granted it is a blower and not too complicated/dangerous. :rolleyes: Every other Stihl manual I have seen has been excellent.
  7. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

It is my big hands :( the switch is a good design but to close to the handle for me to not bump a lot. Overall I have no major complaints about it good power and good weight. It is an amazing saw for $50.

Pete
    MasterMech likes this.
  8. Jerry_NJ

Loc:
    New Jersey USA
    A Youtube how-to was point out to me, it did a good job of showing what I didn't see in the little pictures in the manual. I'm still a doubter about holding he bar down with a single nut, connected to a, what, plastic? crank.

Unfortunately I paid a bit more than $50...but I got a good sale price of $239 for a new unit.

I miss the wonderful Sears Craftsman parts break-down figures, on full pages, and on pages 8.5" x 11", not tinny booklet pages.
  9. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Partstree.com, JacksSmallEngines.com and others have a great web-based parts lookup for multiple brands. It's dealership quality and will let you zoom in to your heart's content. Finally, someone beat a sheet of paper for this stuff. ;)
  10. Jerry_NJ

Loc:
    New Jersey USA
    I recognize the two names, thanks. In fact I do recall looking up, it may have been on the Sears parts site, a Frigidaire dishwasher I have to learn how to take the control panel apart - one of the uses of the exploder parts diagrams.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.