Husky 450 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Chips

Dec 15, 2009
Western CO
Bought a new Husky model 450 to replace my old model 51. After using the new saw and setting it on the workbench, the oil continues to leak out unto the bench....not just a drip but quite a bit of oil. The longer it sets, the more oil. The old 51 never did this. Is this normal with the new saw?
Thanks

It should not be leaking. Check the rubber seal around it for cracks or just split apart.

Definitely not normal. Are you sure the cap is on tight and not cross-threaded? If you lay the saw with the cap lid facing up does it still leak...if so you might not have a cap issue....

Clean it up real good, lay it with the cap facing up on some shop rags or paper towel and try to figure out where it leaks if you are ambitious...if it were a saw under warranty I'd take it back and let them deal with it.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.........The CHAIN OILER continues to leak after shutdown when setting upright on the bench. The cap is not leaking. That's the only way I can set it so it DOESN'T leak...with the cap in the down position and the oiler up.
Thanks for the replies.

If this is a new saw I would take it back. Thats not normal.

You have a warranty, use it. It definitely shouldn't leak like that. Mine leaks a little bit of fuel at the tank seem.. Has only happened when I leave it in my truck. I think it's cause of the temp. swings. I just empty it when I'm done for the day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.