Husky numbers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clemsonfor

Minister of Fire
Dec 15, 2011
Greenwood county, SC
What is the deal with the husky numbering system?? I know the last 2 refer to the CC. Bit the front number is just the revision of the same saw I guess? Like a 55 then 155,255,355 etc? But it seems like there is a discrepency?? There ore 400 saws and 500 saws at same time. Maybe they just changing them this quick?? And is the 372xp still made?

And what is the xp?

How do you tell pro saw from homeowner? Just have to know?

XP is the pro timber cutter/tree service model.You'll only find them at dealers & never at big box stores.Also back in the mid 70's to early '80's some of their larger pro saws had a CD or SE designation they used before calling them XP around '85 or so...

Yes the 372XP is still being made.Its just the 71cc standard version though,the 75cc high performance factory big block option was discontinued around 2008-09 I think.

They're all ridiculously confusing. I kinda have an idea what most are now, but I still ask or look something up now and then.

Seems like old saws make no sense at all. I think some are numbered with cubic inches in mind, instead of cubic centimeters.

So the 465 is not a pro saw? Was thinking it was?

Thought that was the 460?

Google is your friend :) . If it doesn't say XP after the numerical designation , it's not a pro grade Husqvarna .
They do make some that are real close . The 545 and 555 come to mind ,there could be others .
Kinda have my eye on a 545 that ate something . The dealer just gave the guy a new 545 ,no questions asked .
Depending on whats broken , a P+C ,crank stuffers and a bit of port and muffler voodoo might. Make it an interesting 545 :)

They have a 455 and 460 do t they? That would be real close.

Or is that a 560 and 555?

They currently have a 455 & 460 Rancher (55 & 60cc) & a 555 "mid-range" which is a step down from the 562XP pro model.

Man the 400 and 500 series is throwing me here?? And they still make a 372xp? Why is it not a 572xp??

Man the 400 and 500 series is throwing me here?? And they still make a 372xp? Why is it not a 572xp??
Give it a while on the 572 . There are some no designator saws ( 70 cc range ) in the hands of a few folks at A/S .
Right now husky has released the 545,555,550xp ,562xp ,and the 445 in auto tune . So, they can only redesign some many saws at at time . Heck , I'm waiting for a 599xp ! :cool: But it's going to be a while .

Are all 445 auto tune, my guess no

Are all 445 auto tune, my guess no
I'm pretty sure they will be ,unless i miss understood a conversation I had with my Husky dealer .
Auto tune ,and M-Tronics is here to stay .

So is there a way to tell? I have a 445 that was given to me.

Nope I have a slot in cover for H &L screws and there actually screws on Carb too.

Pretty sure the 455 is going AT as well. Clemson, for your purposes, if it doesn't say XP then it's not a pro saw. Husky has many more models and even an extra level of quality that Stihl does not. (The semi-pro models like the 545 and 555, 365, 359, etc.) heck they're even coming out with their own flippy caps! ;lol

Do they still make the 359? That was the other saw I was trying to decide between 8 yrs or so ago when I bough. The 390.

The 359 is pretty much the same as a 357xp except the 359 has a de-tuned cylinder. But it's easy to turn it into a stronger saw than a sock 357xp.

Same idea with the non xp 5xx series of saws.

Status
Not open for further replies.