Husqvarna 350

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbonNeutral

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2009
Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
Someone locally is selling one of these for around $100 - light use apparently.

What should I look for if I go see it? I have very limited experience with chain saws.

Thanks.

how easy it starts,how well it runs in the wood! http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/products_product_details.aspx?pid=132(if it runs good its well worth 100 bucks)

If it runs it's worth that. They sold new for around $350. Excellent power to weight ratio, a great beginner/homeowner saw, and they don't have all the emissions crap the new 450 has. Jump on it if it runs OK.

They are infamous for melting the case next to chain brake and stripping out the muffler bolt holes on the cylinder. Unless being sold for parts, I wouldn't buy one without pulling the muffler to inspect the bolt holes. Plus, it is a great opportunity to inspect the piston for scoring. If that checks out and it runs, $100 is a good price.

Is it "hot" ?? $100. seems cheap.
Check the metal plate near the brake for the year of manufacture.
Plug the plug, check recoil, pull the chain guard, make sure the chain brake works and has the chain throw guard still in place, check air filter etc....get an eyeball on the chain quality and bar ,
Hear it and see it run, in fact run it yourself for a few minutes...cut something...then if still interested throw $90. on the table and see what happens....

All great advice. I'm off to look at it this morning. It is being sold by some people who are downsizing and have Ph.D. after their names - I'm going to presume (hope) that it isn't hot. Thanks all.

No good - wouldn't start, though it did before I was there, and just after I left apparently. Given my inability with engines, couldn't justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.