Husqvarna 455

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntindog1

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2011
South Central Indiana
Just got me a new saw, factory refurbished with warranty , looks like its never been used, refurb saved me $100, then cashed in my saved up credit card points. Sold an old saw I had for $100.

Funny how we justify getting something but anyways my total savings over cost of a new saw, saving $100 on a refurb, cashing credit card points and money from old saw. my savings $350 , in my mind thats like getting me a brand spanking new 455 Husqvarna for $50. :)

I know I usually poo poo the Rancher saws but it sounds like you did alright there. For $50, the 455 is a bargain!

I got one of those EBay refurb 455's when I started burning & needed a saw fast. May not be quite as bulletproof as a 290, but I haven't had a problem with mine. Solid firewood saw for $300 out the door :)

I got to use my Refurb 455 Husky this past week to cut a couple ricks of wood. I have to say with a 20" bar it cuts pretty good.

I got to use my Refurb 455 Husky this past week to cut a couple ricks of wood. I have to say with a 20" bar it cuts pretty good.
They do a good job, but........ if you remove the stupid carb adjustment limiters you can make it sing!!! same goes for all the EPA pahse II and III saws, give me a little fatter bottom end and tweak the high end a bit and it works much better in my expierence..... althought eleivation plays big into how two strokes breathe. Ran a few saws in my lifetime, and worked at a saw dealer a few years ago

Put a 16" B&C on it and watch out...!! You think its pretty fast now....

Got my 455 w/ 20"... Recently put a 16" on it ... Different saw now ;) Wakes it up....

Forester 16" off of ebay. Bar and Chain combo... Pretty cheap.

Pretty sure it was the Lil Red Barn I got it from.

face cord=rick

Status
Not open for further replies.