Husqvarna Air injection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealcove

Feeling the Heat
Apr 24, 2008
Maine
This post is not intended to start a saw war. I own both Husqvarna and Stihl saws, and at the pro-grade level I think there are great design features for each. One area Husqvarna has always edged out Stihl is the air intake system, and having just stumbled across this demo video on Youtube I thought I would share it. Granted this shows the extreme, but I know in the field I have to clean out my filter and intake system ten times more often on the Stihl saws I run. Certainly there are other advantages to Stihls, but we don't need to go through the list of each. I just thought this was a cool demo video.

That is pretty cool. Now I gotta try that on mine.

Ive seen this video before but never had an issue with saw dust in the carb.........

smokinj said:
Ive seen this video before but never had an issue with saw dust in the carb.........

For most applications it is not really an issue other than needing to clean the air filter more frequently. The Husqvarna air intake system becomes more of an advantage in really dusty environments, when making frequent felling guts with the saw on its side close to the ground, and for some reason when it really counts like on a fire line. Like I said Stihl has other cool design advantages, outboard sprockets for one, but this is still a great design for Husqvarna.

Status
Not open for further replies.