1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Husqvarna chaps or heavy cotton bib overalls

Post in 'The Gear' started by MnDave, Dec 10, 2012.

1. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Which ones were those? Inquiring minds need to know.... ==c

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Flamestead

Flamestead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Windsor County, Vermont
    Hmmm, after a brief search they were located. Looking at them for the first time since February, the reason I was remembering some were built where the protection stops early is because the pair I have are somewhat built that way. The protection stops an inch or two below the crotch of the pants. I did try on multiple types (my wife maintains a supply room for a crew), and these were the ones that seemed best, but now I'm second-guessing why (I still think some stopped the protection even lower down the thigh).

http://foresterchainsawparts.com/Ch...thing/Forester-Winter-Chainsaw-Pants-p48.html

I do like the high back and the tie at the cuffs to keep out snow, they are quite warm and wind-proof.

12-ply, meets ASTM F1897-2008 39JY, with a UL label.
    MasterMech likes this.
  3. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I've only ever had pants. If it's cold, I just make sure I've got my long undies on. I might check out the chaps when these pants wear out - will likely come down to pricing at that time.