Hydro-To-Heat-Converter Info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RegencyNS

Feb 13, 2008
Atlantic Canada
I thought I would share this info with everyone here. The Hydro-To-Heat-Converter is a wood boiler designed to look like a normal wood stove. It was originally developed in Belgium by DDG but being resold in US as the Hydro-To-Heat-Converter. This is a copy of email from rep of company. Really doesn't reassure me of its merits.

Thanks for your interest in the Hydro-to-Heat-Convertor.

Please find below the answers to your questions:

Is this stove epa certified or in the process? The model for sale on ebay is not EPA certified. We are in the process of designing and testing a new model that will be EPA approaved: orange or white tag

What are the measured emissions of this stove? I have no information on this. This model was on UL tested for safety

What burn time can you expect with this stove? 6 to 8 hours

Does this stove put off alot of smoke similar to a pre-epa wood boiler? No, after 10 to 20 minutes, when the unit becomes hot, you almost see no smoke. But this also depends on the quality of the wood you are burning: moisture content

Does it use the non-catalytic technology, called secondary combustion? Secondary combustion air is introduced over the window and preheated in the way. Prim air comes from under the fire.

Do you have dealers in Canada, and if not where is the closest dealer to Canada? No dealers in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.