Hygrometers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SpaceBus

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2018
Downeast Maine
What's the most hygrometer I can get for the money? I'm not necessarily looking for most popular or cheapest, but the most accuracy per dollar and longevity. I prefer to buy a tool once. Basically I've asked an extremely open ended question, but it will at least give me a direction to start in. I did a brief search on Amazon, but there's a million hygrometers on there.

The thing I like best about Amazon is their Customer Review feedback. When you call up hygrometer on Amazon, choose “sort by” “Avg. customer review” in the upper right corner. Then run your mouse pointer over the Amount of gold stars for the items, and the percent of one through five star ratings will pop up as a bar chart.

Chose the lower star ratings on that bar chart, and the individual customer feedbacks will be shown. This will let you know of potential problems with this item. Often times feedbackers will suggest better items that they have experience with.

Reactions: SpaceBus