I almost needed a new keyboard!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Because I almost spit my drink all over the one I have. I can't believe that somebody would trust somebody answering this add:

http://albany.craigslist.org/zip/763729697.html

free firewood riverbirch four massive trunks 50 feet tall very close to house will need two people to cut down. river birches normally don't grow this large can burn this year. also have some maple trees if interested. please call 237-8081 or email.....

Matt and shaking his head.

EatenByLimestone said:
Because I almost spit my drink all over the one I have. I can't believe that somebody would trust somebody answering this add:

http://albany.craigslist.org/zip/763729697.html

free firewood riverbirch four massive trunks 50 feet tall very close to house will need two people to cut down. river birches normally don't grow this large can burn this year. also have some maple trees if interested. please call 237-8081 or email.....

Matt and shaking his head.

And you know there will be numbskulls who will take him up on it, too. Wouldn't mind watching that operation go down-- from a good safe distance.

We need to get the AFV crew there ahead of time to record the whole process. They might get a whole episode out of it!

-SF

That's just plain painful to watch. The fact that it was videotaped is doubly painful. I guess we can be glad James is still alive... maybe.

I doubt there are many people out there who drop trees including us amateurs who havent notched a tree and have something go wrong..... but still, that always gives me a chuckle!

BurningIsLove said:
I doubt there are many people out there who drop trees including us amateurs who havent notched a tree and have something go wrong

Yes, I often think about the book "Fire On The Rim", the story of a 20 year seasonal firefighter at Grand Canyon. They were very experienced at dropping burning snags in the best direction to avoid spreading the fire. One slow day they were taking down a dead tree in the campground. They carefully planned the cut but the tree had other ideas....it went 180 degrees the other way and came down in the middle of a tent! If those expereinced guys can't do better than that, who am I to hope?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.