1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

I don't mean to brag but....

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by The Frozen Chosen, Mar 8, 2012.

1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Great pics Nate . . . thanks for sharing.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    There is no doubt you see more up there and it is one of my wishes to see them in Alaska or the Yukon. However, there are many times in MI, especially northern MI (the UP) when there are fantastic. At times they will fill the entire sky and yes, they dance a lot. We always noticed that March seems to be the best month for viewing them but perhaps that is because so much of the winter the sky is cloudy in MI.
  3. artmos

artmos Member

Loc:
    waay back in the holler- northern kentucky
    the aurora are among the most spectacular natural phenomena to witness in person. have been priveleged a few times to see them at my cottage in the muskoka district of ontario. late at nite,returning by boat to my water- access -only cottage from the local watering hole,looked up to the n.w. sky and witnessed the awesome display. cut the motor and stared at them for a half-hour.pitch black,warm nite-life doesn't get any better! if you have the opportunity to travel to a place where a viewing is possible-DO IT!!