1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

I found our new Log Splitter !

Post in 'The Gear' started by Bruce & Shirley, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce & Shirley

Bruce & Shirley New Member

Loc:
    Martelle , Iowa

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. struggle

struggle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Iowa
    NOt sure where Martell Iowa is but do you have any Tractor service supply stores around you? I would check them out for the speeco splitter
  3. They Call Me Pete

They Call Me Pete Member

Loc:
    CT
    Checkout www.supersplit.com. Cycle time is 3 sec. If I was going to buy on ths would be the one unless I expanded my firewood sales to make getting a processor worth the money. For now I'll rent a splitter for $50 bucks a day. I can split a boat load in that amount of time for that price.
  4. Bruce & Shirley

Bruce & Shirley New Member

Loc:
    Martelle , Iowa
    Well we drove over to Northern Tool & Equipment and bought the model # 1107 . The store had a model # 1104 on sale for $899.99 and somebody who worked there wire tied the sale price on our unit so ...... We got it for $899.99 plus tax . The manager was a little slow to agree on the sale price but he finally said it's yours and we paid the man and loaded it up in the trailer . A bad day weather wise to go buy it . We counted 26 vehicles off I-80 due to ice and winds . Many felt 70 mph was the perfect speed and found out they were wrong .

Anyways thanks for all your ideas but we now have our own log splitter ! And the wife split the first piece tonight in the garage and we're sitting here looking at some very nice Apple burning in the fireplace .

If I sound exciting , I am .

See ya later . Have to put another log on the fire ! :)

Oh yea , Martelle Iowa is about 20 miles east of Cedar Rapids . ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.