I gave in yesterday and fed my wood fix!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Mystic

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2013
Western North Carolina
It's been about a month since I completed the last of my logging to refill all my wood storage areas. Since then we've had a few cold snaps that required the occasional fire to take the chill off. I burned up some uglies sitting on the top of one of my stacks and also emptied out my storage bin in the back screened room, as well at the firewood niche built into my fireplace/chimney.

While out hiking with the dogs the other day I ran across about a dozen rounds I had cut from a dead oak that had been on the ground for several years. The tree was too far from the house to carry home by hand, so I had left it in place with the intention of later dragging it down to the road and bringing it home with my garden tractor and trailer. So, yesterday I decided to feed my wood fix and I dragged out the wood and worked it up with my X27.

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

I hope this last gasp of logging can hold me until next burning season or I'll have to start stacking wood in the spare bedroom!

Beautiful wood stove, and I love the little wood nook you have built in!

that is my dream stove if i had the budget for it. ..... ahhh someday

Status
Not open for further replies.