I GOT IT DOWN !!! love this wood burning stuff !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulie

Hearth Supporter
Nov 27, 2007
SW Mich.
Hey everyone who answered my " typical rookie" questions...thanks alot! finally after some newbie mistakes , and some trial and error, I got this thing down ! the Regency i1200 will do what they said it will, had my doughts for awhile, but it works I only have the gas heat on now first thing in the morning to get the chill off " programmable thermostat" that and I am not home long enough to fire up the stove. I do through a couple of small kindlin's in to burn down to a fine ash, but then I'm gone. NO more gas heat until the next morning for about 1 1/2 hrs. House thermostat is set to 62* during the day, so it may run a little when it gets cold, but have definitely cut my cost significantly!! Once again everyone, thanks again with all your help, this has been a great site, and a great learning experience! And for all you newbies out here, be patient, wood burning isn't just throwing some wood in a box and heating the house, it is a art, and every stove is a new canvass. and once you find the right strokes for you, the picture will be very clear You will then have a happier, warmer home. Speaking of happier, the little lady is happy too that I didn't just piss away $2800 and as we all know, if shes happy, everyone s happy !

Attachments

• PC290056.JPG
    PC290056.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 699
You have learned the ways of The Force young Skywalker.

I hope you insulated that liner and also left the outer wall of pipe open so it can cool properly.

Install looks good from that view.

jtp10181 said:
I hope you insulated that liner and also left the outer wall of pipe open so it can cool properly.

Install looks good from that view.
yes, i did have a ss liner installed all the way up inside exsisting double wall pipe, it is in a 24' chase chimney, works great !

very nice!!! looks like it was a cozy christmas! happy to see that your investment is showing returns, you described it well, wood heating isnt just tossing in a log, its learning how to harvest BTU's from the raw wood, it is an art form, glad to see its working out like you imagined when you looked at the stove in the shop

You sound as excited about your wood heat as I am!
I am forever attempting to expound on the virtues of wood heat to my friends and family and they just look at me as if I was crazy. I am seriously in love with my fire and would have it even if it cost me twice as much as any other heat. As it actually saves me money it is just super sweet and creamy icing on the cake!

I love cutting the wood, stacking the wood, carrying the wood- I'm sure these particular feelings will change over more time, but the lifestyle definitely suits me and that itself is a revelation.
My only worry is what I will sit beside on summer evenings...

This is taken from my stoves owners manual. When I first read it I thought ya whatever, now I can relate to and respect the statement.

"Wood-burning is an art rather than a science. Once the
stove and chimney system are in place, you can only
vary your technique, mostly your timing, to achieve
good results. If you keep track of your burning habits
and relate them to their effects on the stove’s operation,
you’ll be rewarded with good performance and a safe
system."

I'm having such a hard time being patient while I wait for my 30 degree elbows to come in.

I can't wait to get my new stove up and running.

-SF

Cearbhaill said:
I am forever attempting to expound on the virtues of wood heat to my friends and family and they just look at me as if I was crazy. I am seriously in love with my fire and would have it even if it cost me twice as much as any other heat. As it actually saves me money it is just super sweet and creamy icing on the cake!

I love cutting the wood, stacking the wood, carrying the wood- I'm sure these particular feelings will change over more time, but the lifestyle definitely suits me and that itself is a revelation.
A bond fire ofcoarse !!

wood wacker said:
Cearbhaill said:

A bond fire ofcoarse !!

:lol:

My thoughts exactly!!!!

wood wacker said:
Cearbhaill said:
A bond fire ofcoarse !!

I think my broker may be having one of those soon. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.