I had nicely seasoned wood, however,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Apr 4, 2007
a nasty leak in the roof of my garage left some of it soaked :grrr: . The question is, I have since covered the wood with a tarp, (I dont have the money or time to fix the roof yet) with the wood being soaked, would it be smart to burn it with the seasoned stuff that didnt get wet or just try and sit it to the side in hopes that I dont have to get into it this year. I may have enough to make it through the winter with out using it, but, it will be close.

Move it to a dry location and stack it loosly and it will be fine in a few weeks. surface moisture doesnt penetrate that deep and will dry out quickly

Don't even have to move it. Just cover it. Depending on how long the roof leaked, if it just happened, I would not worry about a thing. It wouldn't have soaked up enough to amount to anything you'd have to worry about. We once covered wood with a tarp and the tarp leaked. We just burned the wood anyway and had no problems at all.

Put a fan on it - get rid of some of the moisture.

Drip drip on the tarp makes me cringe!
I am trying the fan trick right now on my loose piles I have in now.
Don't know why I never thought of that!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.