I have a paragon pellet stove 5440-5440q and the auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katie42087

Nov 15, 2013
usa
hi if anyone can help me figure out what rpms my auger motor runs on my paragon pellet stove 5440-5440q that would be wonderful so far there hasn't been anyone with any information on it please help thank you !

hi if anyone can help me figure out what rpms my auger motor runs on my paragon pellet stove 5440-5440q that would be wonderful so far there hasn't been anyone with any information on it please help thank you !

I have one of these, but the manual does not state what the rpms are. I assume yours is a US Stove Paragon 5440. I haven't called them, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to call them and see if they have any info.

I just re-installed mine today. I bought it years ago cheap and the auger would just quit. I finally got tired of looking at it and installed it in my garage (I have 2 other pellet stoves in the house). I tried running it again with the same results. Auger would quit and the stove would shut down. I cleaned out the hopper and noticed there was a jam. Seems like the 12vdc auger motor may be old and weak. I removed it and googled the model number or a replacement motor. Seems like the only ones you can buy are 120vac. So I tore the motor apart and cleaned it. Put it back in, fired it up and it ran for 7 hours with no issues! Longest it has ran since I bought it.

Not sure what the problem with yours is, but I wanted to let you know that I have one and I am also looking for info in case I do need a auger motor. If you have a question ask, I may be able to help.

Edit: I have done some research...looks like US Stove did not actually make this stove. It appears that Reliant may have made this stove, and US stuck their name on it. Reliant is out of business (of course). There is a company that I think has bought them and looks like they use a 12vdc 2rpm motor. One of the manuals for a magnum T40 has some pages and diagrams that look like they came out of my manual. Their stove looks very similar with some modern changes.

Here is the link:

https://www.americanenergysystems.com/motors.cfm

RP2020 is the part number. Perhaps you can contact them and see what they say. The only thing I notice is the shaft is on the wrong side of the gear housing, but that may be reversible or it may fit depending on clearance, but its a $115 risk.

I was also thinking if you removed your auger and hooked a 12 volt battery to it you could mark the shaft, connect power and time the revolutions...there should be a Allen key set screw at the base of the auger inside the hopper. You have to clean out all the pellets to get to it. Remove it and open up one of the sides. It may take some work but it should slide off. Mark any connections before you disconnect them so you can hook everything back up.

If you come across anything, please share the info. I may need a part soon. My worry is the control board, but I have some electronics experience, so perhaps I can rebuild it. I also think that there are some places that actually repair old pellet stove boards.

Good luck!

Last edited:
i think i spoke to this person if its the 5440 owner who called my help line at ESW, hope ya had some positive results katie, if ya did please post them so i know for the next time i get a paragon caller

Status
Not open for further replies.