I have an englander pedestel 13nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 13NC wants a hearth R factor of 2. Durock has an R value of .254, so it would take 8 layers of durock to accomplish this. Another possible method is to use a couple sheets of 1/2" micore underneath the 2 layers of durock. Or follow the directions in the previous post for using metal studs to build a hearth. It's cheap and goes together quickly with screws and pop rivets. That will give you a nice air gap under the 2 sheets of durock and will meet stove specs.

http://chimneysweeponline.com/horvalue.htm

JPapiPE said:
Will 2 layers of 1/2" of durock over 3/4" plywood provide me with floor protection?

No. Did you not recieve the pm I sent you in regards to this question? If not, I can resend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.