I have found a great fuel mix for my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugenetoo said:
jtakeman said:
I found some wheat at a coop. There price is $206/ton. The only issue is it has the hull on.

So I quess thats not what I want.

Am I looking for just the seed no hull?

jay
as i recall, there is no hull on wheat seeds as they are harvested from the field. barley and oats have a hull that is difficult to remove, but they will burn just as well.

Wheat chaff is what comes off the wheat seed. I don't burn that, too smoky and dirty for me.

NM

Someone just told me about pea pellets at $130 a ton. Guess they burn great but are sold in bulk form, so that could be a problem.

timjk69 said:
Someone just told me about pea pellets at $130 a ton. Guess they burn great but are sold in bulk form, so that could be a problem.

Is that pees in their natural form or are they crushed up and made into pellets?

I started using some magnesium shavings in my pellet mix. The flame is slightly blue but I get some heat.

Joking
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.