I hope my moisture meter is wrong!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotty Overkill said:
muncybob said:
Wood has been sitting in a pasture that gets at least 8hrs/day of sun (when it actually appears around here!) and except for a small wooded area next to the pasture it gets a fair amount of wind too.

I hear ya there!! Seems like we live in the Pacific Northwest anymore (no offense to those that do).......your reasons are all well founded, and I am definately building a nice woodshed next summer that can house at least 20 cords, and going to put some fans on a thermostat in the eaves to assist the air movement on days when it is dry and up around 80+ degrees....we're near Altoona/State College so we've been in the same boat as you.....

Don't forget the flat screen and wet bar! :)

20 cord controlled air assist wood shed, looking forward to those pics!!

muncybob said:
Scotty Overkill said:
muncybob said:
Wood has been sitting in a pasture that gets at least 8hrs/day of sun (when it actually appears around here!) and except for a small wooded area next to the pasture it gets a fair amount of wind too.

I hear ya there!! Seems like we live in the Pacific Northwest anymore (no offense to those that do).......your reasons are all well founded, and I am definately building a nice woodshed next summer that can house at least 20 cords, and going to put some fans on a thermostat in the eaves to assist the air movement on days when it is dry and up around 80+ degrees....we're near Altoona/State College so we've been in the same boat as you.....

Don't forget the flat screen and wet bar! :)

20 cord controlled air assist wood shed, looking forward to those pics!!

lol.....maybe even some dancin' girls on the second floor........don't worry there will be pics, but the wife already cringed when I told her I was building another building on the property so it may have to be downsized a bit to keep her from going off the deep end...

Status
Not open for further replies.