I hope these warmer temps hold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mol1jb

Feeling the Heat
Jan 8, 2014
Central IL
So i'm basically down to my last bit if dry wood. Looks to be about half a cord. Next week is calling for mid 40s and if it stayed around there I would be so thankful.

Reactions: PapaDave
Running out of wood would be a drag. I hope you find something decent to burn the rest of the winter, because I don't think spring is here yet.

As crazy as it sounds, and we are in the middle of a snowstorm, I saw some robins the other day and my friend said he saw geese heading north! Go figure! Hopefully they know something we don't!

First season with the UPA stove I made the mistake of not having a dry enough wood. Won't happen again thats for sure.

Reactions: Snigg
As crazy as it sounds, and we are in the middle of a snowstorm, I saw some robins the other day and my friend said he saw geese heading north! Go figure! Hopefully they know something we don't!

Probably they know that the "days" are getting longer . . . or at least the hours of daylight during the day are increasing. It's the same reason animals start to shed their fur this time of year . . . although my wife too is hoping that the cats shedding is a sign of an early spring.

Just got an email from a friend in IL and he said it is 36 there. And here I was feeling great that we are in the upper 20's! Today is the first day in a long time that we can walk outdoors without squeaking snow! Perhaps next week we'll be walking on some packing snow for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.