I just bought a old olympic wood cook stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crapdiddly46

Oct 13, 2015
shelton wa
How much wall clearance do I need with a wall pad mounted 1" out from the wall behind the stove? I need to stay as close to the wall as I safely can because of space issues. Thanks, crappdiddly46

If the wall pad is ventilated behind it (open at the top and bottom by at least 1"), then 12" is the min. clearance for an unlisted stove.

OK, thanks, I got it. Boy,, I paid 400 bucks for the stove and I just got a quote for all the pipe and stuff I need to do it right..... $1100.00 bucks. and I still have to buy the floor pad and wall pad. Expensive!!

Thanks! So,. if I understand, its 5" from a properly mounted pad 1" from the wall, and 12" with no pad?
Is it a listed stove? Does it have a ul tag on the back listing the clearances? If not it is like bg said 12" from the combustible wall if you use a ventilated shield. Look on the csia website for local installers

Status
Not open for further replies.