I just received my first LP bill since adding wood boiler.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VtRv

Hearth Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
Morrisville, Vt
i just receive an invoice from my LP supplier and was very pleased with what I saw.

On 10-6-08 I my tank was filled with 189.6 gallons.

My Tarm was installed with 500 gallons of storage in November and I stared burning sometime around the 20th.

On 12-15-09 my tank was topped off with 148.9 gallons.

Today's invoice showed that on 1-20-09 I was filled up with 22.7 gallons which cost me $54.71.

My dryer uses LP as does our stove and a stove in the attached apartment. I know I'm not fossil free but it sure is a relief not to be looking at a $300 to $400 bill every month or two.

With that many appliances and a bill that large you should be giving dance lessons. We have an oil furnace with a water/air heat exchanger in it and only have an lp stove using gas as the lp water heater has a sidearm heat exchanger and I work my boiler on it all summer long. My last fill was in January of 07 and I haven't stopped dancing either. Like they say in the movies..."aint it great?"

Congrats guys hope my oil bill in the spring is similar Only ran it for 4 days since october when I installed my boiler. We were out of town.

wantstoburnwood said:
Congrats guys hope my oil bill in the spring is similar Only ran it for 4 days since october when I installed my boiler. We were out of town.

I don't know what it takes to make you happy. With me a lot of times it's just the little things like how little I have to pay the gas man. Teehee. Of course being reasonable the offset is the cost and labor of the wood but if the price of the wood is not too high I find the exercise of splitting and moving wood helps me to stay fit so I can dance longer and jump a little higher. Don't feel bad about those 4 day type excursions either we all have to do that from time to time it helps us to stay focused and prove that we have our back up system there for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.