I Love That Woman......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsdws

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Central Illinois
My lovely wife of 20yrs (next week) came home from grocery shopping and such today with a surprise for me....a half ton of pellets neatly stacked in her Tahoe!!! She was in Menards for something and saw the sale price and pulled the trigger!!!!

Apparently they had already sold what was left of their Somersets so she got Indeck pellets. I figure for $3.39 a bag they can't be half bad huh? Worse case scenario I can mix them with corn when I start burning that. The pellet ash helps me from getting super bad klinkers. Or perhaps they'll be good for burning now while saving some Somersets for colder weather?

My lovely wife of 20yrs (next week) came home from grocery shopping.....with a surprise for me....a half ton of pellets........Or perhaps they'll be good for burning now while saving some Somersets for colder weather?
That IS a good woman (or she just want to make sure SHE stays nice & warm this winter....LOL)

As for the pellets, I agree w/ what you said.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
She's a keeper! :cool:

My wife will sometimes bring home something we haven't tried. But its usually just a couple of bags. Maybe you could have your wife call mine and offer some tips? ==c hehe!

lol @ jtak...me too...at least she takes care of the hopper...lol... but when we burned just wood , mama was a pro at keeping my regency wood stove going..
she could run that bad boy better than i could...there was no creosote build up when she ran it..lmao...

What is the saying on this board.....Never happened if we do not see pictures???? Pictures please.....of the pellets of course.....;)

As my late father- in - law always said, "Don't get me wrong, I love my wife dearly, I wouldn't trade her for a million dollars ....... BUT....... I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for another one just like her..."

What is the saying on this board.....Never happened if we do not see pictures???? Pictures please.....of the pellets of course.....

Tahoe does a pretty nice job, but I was mistaken. She only got 20 bags. Dang woman!

PA130001.JPG

Very nice.....

After 20 yrs, she is a known keeper now!?! LOL

Gotta love'em...

Did she load them in there herself? Should give her some kind of pellet pig award or something! I got a ton of Indecks for cheap this summer, I've only run 2 bags through but they burn. Someplace I read they were a "sleeper of the year".

I burnt Indeck primarily last year without problems. Consistent length, medium amount of fines but with this years audition of a Harman is not a problem like when feeding a Bixby.

Reactions: LMPS
well that is good woman ;) a keeper as they say , mine lets me use her truck all the time for my misc stuff.... like when i bought my pellet stove.

Wednesday is our wedding anniversary. Do you think 4 more tons of pellets would be a nice present for her? After all, she has earned it for putting up with me for all of these years.

Reactions: DexterDay
Wednesday is our wedding anniversary. Do you think 4 more tons of pellets would be a nice present for her? After all, she has earned it for putting up with me for all of these years.

That would be one way to start the fire.........:ZZZ;lol:)

I think a nice stove vac would be nice for her to have and use. ;) ;lol

LOL Well thanks folks. I'm a lucky man for sure to have such a lady. She has allowed and even encouraged this pellet "addiction" of mine because she hates being cold and hates the LP bill hanging on the back door even more. It's all black and white when we look at the costs and weigh the advantages and disadvantages.

Now I've seriously got to figure out an anniversary present!!

anniversary present
well A nice dinner (where she likes to go ;) or something that has a tie in to your relationship, like where you met or whatever, some chocolates (again the kind she likes), ladies dig those spa treatements too. Just thinking out load but it works for me.

Dinner out...not sure how nice as we have a visitation to rush to afterwards....chocolates already bought....and to top it all off.....3 nights away from the kids!!!! Over next weekend we're going to Missouri to check out a couple of their "wine trails", one of which is centered around one town's Oktoberfest celebration. Should be a nice get away.

Dinner out...not sure how nice as we have a visitation to rush to afterwards....chocolates already bought....and to top it all off.....3 nights away from the kids!!!! Over next weekend we're going to Missouri to check out a couple of their "wine trails", one of which is centered around one town's Oktoberfest celebration. Should be a nice get away.

Now that is just bragging.......and plus making all us slackers look bad >>

Status
Not open for further replies.