1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I love the smell of pre-mix in the morning.....

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by MasterMech, Mar 30, 2013.

1. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Got some wood this morning (cue Beavis :rolleyes:) while exercising the newly built MS460's. They are a damned sexy machine tho!

Some of the aftermath:

DSC04140.JPG DSC04141.JPG

Some kind of maple I'm guessing and a medium sized black cherry.

DSC04142.JPG DSC04143.JPG

Probably close to 3000lbs of wood on that truck.... That's green maple (I think, confirmation/corrections welcome) and it was literally dripping wet.

DSC04144.JPG

Saved the best chunk for last. Not going to burn this one. That's a 7.5ft 20"+ diameter Oak log that will be my new "test run" log for saw repairs. ==c

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Looks like maple to me.
    27 foot long log? Big truck ! :)
    Nice weather !
    chvymn99, MasterMech, Thistle and 2 others like this.
  3. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    dude that last one looks like a 50" wide conference table to me....Get a big old Cottonwood or Sycamore for saw testing on ::-)
  4. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

One side of it has some punk in the middle. Believe it or not, cottonwood and other "junk" wood is much harder to come by here than big oak, maple, or even hickory. Lots of cherry around too. If I were to score a big log of "junk" wood it would most likely be willow.
  5. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Ha! I fixed it. ;)

The weather has been gorgeous here lately, 50's and sun. :cool: Had 4"-6" snow cover 10 days ago.... :rolleyes:

Golf greens/fairways are starting to wake up. Home lawns and such are still sleepin'. Crocus is peeking through, won't be long for daffodils if the sun keeps the soil temps on the rise...
  6. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    I forsee a lot of cookies in your future.