I love this forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the helpful information and knowledge that is provided on this forum and website. I had my Regency i3100 installed a week and a half ago and without your help I'd probably be lost, and freezing!

Thanks again and stay warm everyone!

Attachments

• wood stove.JPG
    wood stove.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 122
That is what this place is all about. People helping people. Congrats on the stove and a successful install.

... once again, this isn't the Miley Cyrus official fan site?

Hmmm...don't follow Miley so confuddled with the reference.

Glad to hear your keeping warm, did you insulate your fireplace and install a block off plate?
Hey Mellow, I'm in Salisbury too! No to both questions. It's a masonry fireplace with the lower half of the 2 story chimney on an interior wall. I asked about a block off plate and the installers did not feel as though I needed it. It was a concern of mine, so maybe it can be something I do down the road.

Nice on the cold -40 nights i wish I had the 3100, you can fit a lot of wood in that bad boy.

I would get some Roxul from Lowes, it is over in the insulation section and at a minimum stuff it up around your liner where it goes through the damper. The surround should come off easy, might be something to look at doing this weekend as it will be in the 60's again.

That the first time I've ever seen anyone load a piece of wood standing on its end

Yeah that was crazy. And our house has electric baseboard heat so it would be ridiculous to get it to comfort level. Needless to say, the baseboards have been turned off.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the helpful information and knowledge that is provided on this forum and website. I had my Regency i3100 installed a week and a half ago and without your help I'd probably be lost, and freezing!

Thanks again and stay warm everyone!
Drewberry I have to agree with you on the great info and people who contribute to this site. I have had my new stove for three years and would never had burned it properly without the info I got from here. Glad you like your stove, it will provide many hours of enjoyment oh and of course heat!!

I have a couple of cords of seasoned oak. I know the guy I got them from, and it seems to be burning fine, although I haven't done a moisture test. A meter has been on my wish list. I've been getting 8 hour burns and what appears to me to be good secondary burns. My dad used to burn wood and he hasn't mentioned anything about the wood looking like it's unseasoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.