I need a Kit.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marauder

Apr 1, 2021
Northern Az- Southern Nv
Looking for a place that can set me up with the correct chimney products. Putting a Fisher stove with an 8” top outlet in a manufactured home. I’ve tried the Northline Wizard but it stalls out when I get to the “top of stove to ceiling”. Thanks for any recommendations.

Looking for a place that can set me up with the correct chimney products. Putting a Fisher stove with an 8” top outlet in a manufactured home. I’ve tried the Northline Wizard but it stalls out when I get to the “top of stove to ceiling”. Thanks for any recommendations.
You just need stove pipe between the stove and chimney. Is this a "mobile home" ?

Yes, one that is converted to real property. I know it requires double-wall but not sure about the adapters and such. Is there a “Forum Sponsor” that Carrie’s all of the parts?

Typically, a pre-UL stove is uninsurable and not permitted for installation in a manufactured home. It would be good to check with the insurance agent and inspecting authority in advance. It also might save some money. Modern stoves typically take 6" stove and chimney pipe.

Rockford Chimney is a sponsor.

Reactions: Marauder
Yes, one that is converted to real property. I know it requires double-wall but not sure about the adapters and such. Is there a “Forum Sponsor” that Carrie’s all of the parts?
Double wall connector pipe isn't required especially not for an old Fisher. It will reduce clearance requirements for the pipe but the stoves requirements are so large I don't see why it would matter.

That means it won't likely fit because the clearances are such that there is not enough space to install legally and safely.

The Fisher Stove models that are certified for manufactured home use are the Goldilocks and Convertible Honey Bear. The requirements are for outside air intake that comes from under home, and a closer clearance to combustibles than 36 inches. With their reduced clearance, they both require double wall pipe inside. They are both 6 inch stoves.

The larger 8 inch stoves are normally too large for most manufactured housing installations. The heat loss is great up the stack, and a newer stove certified for mobile use will require a 6 inch as well. 8 is much more expensive since there are very few required for modern stoves.

It is against code to reduce from the stove outlet in size by 2 inches. But it is also against code to install the stove you have in the manufactured housing. If this is not a concern; Reducing will physically work since the venting should be a straight up through the roof installation, and you will not need near the BTU capacity of the stove that the 8 inch would allow.
Your stove was designed with the larger outlet for two reasons. First for open door burning with screen in place. Second was most were installed using existing fireplace chimneys. These chimneys had larger flues that require more heat left up to stay clean. A 6 inch outlet would not allow enough heat up the larger chimney. Using an insulated chimney requires less heat lost up the flue. This should have its own air intake nearby, such as a vent through floor or wall for combustion air.

Alright then, thanks for all the help. Looks like I’m stove shopping too and the Grandpa Bear will have to wait until it can be put to work in my garage.
It's not legal to use a woodstove in a garage in the USA either. Many including me still do it knowing if anything happens insurance most likely won't cover it.