I need new efficient wood burning insert ASAP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Might be my old eyes but this looked like a stub of a baffle.

image.jpg

Not sure. It looks like there is a row of very short firebrick sitting on top of the baffle at the back of the stove. Note the firebricks right below the alleged baffle are horizontal. If so, that's an odd setup.

I don't see a baffle in the pictures.

Scott- is there a baffle in the stove that you removed for the pictures? I see the firebricks right through the socket.

There’s a metal shelf in it I just fit some of the broken fire bricks on top of it too when I put some new ones in a year ago

There’s a metal shelf in it I just fit some of the broken fire bricks on top of it too when I put some new ones in a year ago
So those broken bricks on top of the baffle are a bit of a homebrew thing?

I've been thinking about doing something like that, but with ceramic wool blanket.