I need some info please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

truck243

Feb 20, 2011
louisville ky
I'm installing a woodstove in my home. I'm going up thru the ceiling into a chase (from old fireplace chimney pipe), what parts do I need to use to transition from stovepipe to chimney pipe? Thanks.

Assuming you are installing new class A chimney. The manufacturer of the class A should sell an adapter to hook to the single or double wall stove pipe.

I'd need more information about what you have there now, including the pipe brand, to tell you what you need but this webpage has a video showing pipe components and a link to a typical chimney installation to show you parts.

http://woodheatstoves.com/wood-stove-chimney-c-71_72.html

Some pics will get you some great responses.

If you dont know, I would visit my local hearth shop and ask for advice. If your going to be a wood stove owner its a good idea to make friends with those guys now while we're not extinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.