I Think I Am In Love...New Style Logsplitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatboy63

Feb 6, 2010
Northeastern TN
Saw this the other day and would love to have one. The only problem is, they want around $10,000 for it. Guess I will have to build one.

Or you could buy a pair of Special Edition Super Splitters and have enough left over to bribe three friends to help!

posted last winter, but always enjoy watching the operation.
btw, just add it to my list of "things to buy" after i hit the jackpot!

8 min video of just the splitter running......

Box wedges have been around for awhile. They are very productive but allow little control over the size of the splits and where the split occurs. Plus the size of the rounds you split is limited to the width of the wedge. I'm sure some gnarly twisted hardwoods would create issues with binding as well.

Not sure I like it . . . I like a varietyof size splits and a variety of shapes (i.e. I like to make a few larger rectangular or square splits for overnight/overday fires, smaller splits for easier ignition, etc.) . . . plus it may be me, but it seems like the splitting "beam" is quite short and limits the length of the wood (although I could be wrong on this one.)

I couldn't split all day to that Music, I don't like it :zip:

I prefer to cut split and stack in a small enough quantity so I don't need more than the splitter I own....

cptoneleg said:
I couldn't split all day to that Music, I don't like it :zip:

My wife made a similar comment when the video started

Not impressed with that thing in the least.

Seems slow for $10k.

I bet i could out split that machine with my FISKARS. Just like "JOHN HENRY" "swing boy, swing that hammer"!

6 or 8 way wedges like what's on a firewood processor will out run that thing. One stroke and those rounds are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.