Help with ID and other info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Midnightc2

Feb 8, 2019
Washington
I inherited my folks place a few years ago with the same woodstove I grew up with. After cleaning the pipes and rebuilding a baffle, I started using it. It's been running every evening since about Christmas, so 30days. I'm enjoying using the old girl again, and learning how to heat with fire once again.
It was purchased locally and new around 1986 from Luap Associates inc. I'm not sure of the model and would love to know that and any other info about it.
The company i guess went out of bussiness years ago and very little is online other than about it going out of bussiness.
I'd love to know if anyone else has one, and if there is any manuals or diagrams for it.
Thanks in advance.

17061711131757418758720046837983.jpg 17061711474204335664689420702028.jpg

There's not too much information on LUAP other than trademark info. They were out of Eugene, OR which was a steel stove manufacturing mecca. I think Fisher started there too. My guess is that LUAP was late to the game and couldn't afford to meet the soon to be enforced EPA stage 1 regs.
Here's a past thread on their Convector stove. All of their stoves seem to have the hamburger box profile that also showed up on BK stoves at that time.

Ya that's about all the info I've found online also. I was really hoping someone here might have more info on it. It's kinda nice having a rare stove but it would be better if I knew anything about it. I dont even know what model it is.
Maybe I'll take some more detailed pics of it when I get around to replacing the fire bricks so there is a little more online about this rare beast.