1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I think I found a new love...

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by fireview2788, Aug 30, 2013.

1. fireview2788

fireview2788 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    Vermont! In an earlier thread I asked for recommendations for a trip to Bar Harbor, ME and first let me thank everyone for the info because it was perfect. Anyway, when we arrived in Vermont the first time it was dark so we didn't get a view of the Green Mountains but we did drive through Wilmington and thought it was a nice mountain town. The next morning we went to Whetstone Valley Farms and got our maple syrup and the farmer was extremely nice. In fact everyone we talked with acted like we were long lost friends. We continued on to Woodstock to see the stoves (awesome!) and then to BH where we spent four nights. On the way home we were supposed to go through MA but I knew that I would regret not going back through VT in the daylight. So we added another hour (what's another hour in a 2,418 mile 43 hour trip) and came back through the Green Mountains. We had dinner in Wilmington, I can't remember the name of the place but it has a deck overlooking a stream with a HUGE apple tree. Then we walked around to see the town. We've already decided that next year we will be vacationing in VT, I've thought about retiring there as a matter of fact!

fv

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    ....same as NH...but we don't have sales tax.==c
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

The Green Mountains is most certainly a beautiful place to go. We went to Randolph, VT, back in the mid 90's to a huge mountain biking rally/festival. Had a blast and put over 150 miles on my MTB in those mountains that weekend (it was in mid October, got pretty chilly camping out that weekend). Anyway, the drive there through upper NY and into VT was spectacular.

Wifey has never been up that way and wants to go in a couple weeks......so instead of a fall vacay to the beach, looks like we may see NE instead....
  4. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    Yes southern Vermont is on my short list for the next stop on this gypsy train.
  5. Grisu

Grisu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chittenden, VT
    Cannot agree more! :)
  6. Wildo

Wildo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    jackmanistan, maine
    Western Maine mountains are also very nice;)
    fireview2788 and Delta-T like this.
  7. fireview2788

fireview2788 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    We did enjoy those too as we went through.

fv