I think I found my boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Description says manufactured 2001?

Looks like a pre-gasification design, based on the control with the lift chain to the air inlet door- so it is not the same as the "Solo" that's a more recent gasification model.

That said, it ought to be a solid unit. Set it up with storage and burn it hot, bank the heat, and it ought to work rather well. Slow burns in a unit like that (such as trying to get modest heat output during Spring and Fall) are likely to generate abundant creosote.

I saw that too & wondered why a Solo was so cheap, then I saw the chain. It looks nice, seems to be just a standard Samson controlled boiler though. I think that Canadian boiler at half the price was probably a better deal, looks like it was sold. Randy

bulldogbones said:
well it was sold by the time I remembered it LOL soooooo its back to the drawing board. Looking at a Chappee
Keep checking Craigslist. You can get some great deals off there. You need to jump on them though, Randy / search "wood boiler" & neighboring areas by you

Singed Eyebrows said:
bulldogbones said:
well it was sold by the time I remembered it LOL soooooo its back to the drawing board. Looking at a Chappee
Keep checking Craigslist. You can get some great deals off there. You need to jump on them though, Randy / search "wood boiler" & neighboring areas by you

Yeah I do.. its just a time consumer and for some reason my RSS feed doesnt like Craigslist so it wont update it. But it will update my Ebay RSS feed.

Singed Eyebrows said:
I saw that too & wondered why a Solo was so cheap, then I saw the chain. It looks nice, seems to be just a standard Samson controlled boiler though. I think that Canadian boiler at half the price was probably a better deal, looks like it was sold. Randy

The auction ended but it didnt have any bids. So I am going to contact the seller and find out if it was actually sold.

So its down to these two if they didnt actually sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Franks-Piping-W...n_0&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101#ht_912wt_940

http://cgi.ebay.com/HARMAN-WOOD-COA...ab&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101#ht_500wt_1154

That is a newer MB55, not the ones of old...which were in a red case.

Tarm USA and Bioheat did import these for a number of years relatively recently, so this could easily be only 10 years old.

The key is the blue cover. All older Tarms here in the USA (pre-1992 or so) were red.

That one fell through, but I just got an e-mail back about a Tarm MB 55.
Original purchase date is 11/11/1997.
140,000 BTU

asking $1500 and its in apparently good working order.

I sold an old Energy Mate for $800.00 & this is a far cry from the Tarm. The EM just had a 22 gallon tank of water on the top. You maybe wouldn't be stealing the Tarm however it seems a fair price for both parties provided it is in excellent condition, Randy

This is it, weve been e-mail trying to figure out how I would extricate it from his basement.

bulldogbones said:
This is it, weve been e-mail trying to figure out how I would extricate it from his basement.

Take off the front door to lighten it up & lift it out, lol. Apparently his steps were strong enough to take it down. You can rent stair climbing hand trucks that are good up to 1500 lbs. I would still reccomend about 3 people though. Looks like a nice boiler, Randy

Hopefully I can lay boards down his steps back my truck up and winch it up and out on a hand truck. But I agree if mechanical means dont work I'm gunna need 3 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.