I thinking of installing a Budarus G115WS/4 to go with a Superstore using Tekmar 260 control not the

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello All

Our old Valliant died so I have to decide quick to get the hot water back and as backup heat for small split.

Anyone have this or any suggestions?

Don

Hey, this is a wood forum. We don't go for you fossil-burnin' types!

Absolutely possible, but remember the tekmar 260 is NOT A HIGH LIMIT CONTROL!!!!!!! I don't know if this buderus comes with a standard high limit control or not, but its something to consider because the added cost of an aquastat if not standard will have to be added.

I live in Manchester, and just removed a tekmar 260 from my system. 1 year old (ouch) but the new boiler has a built-in ODR so I didn't need both of them. Very easy/flexible units to wire. I think the reset curve is a little on the soft side. I had to fudge around with my design temp/curve quite a bit. Problem is one of my zones is much larger than all the others, leading to the boiler not knowing the real heat demand. I didn't have an indoor sensor, but I wonder if it would make a huge difference.

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I spent over an hour with a very knowledgeble boiler wholesaler salesman.

As far as the indoor sensor goes, he said it works well if u only have one zone. In multizone it would be on the master zone but can still be an issue but may work for the larger zone. I worked with Dana from the Granite Group in Hookset NH so he may know the answer to your question.

Dana also said the Buderus has the High Limit in case the Tekmar screws up. Glad u mentioned that.

Any chance u still have the Tekmar? I could save money and help u out too!

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.