I told santa to bring me an x25 and an x27!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
We will see which one reigns in my hands. Im sure they will fit nicely between the 16lber, and the 8. If not, theres always the hydro.

Bought my X25 in late May & I love it. Used the Monster Maul & other splitting tools for 30 yrs.This will split 90% of what I'm getting with much less effort that swinging that 20 lb beast.Havent had to use it in 4 months now,its in reserve for the rare gnarly or stubborn one,like larger or stringy White Oak.Will get an X27 eventually & I'll be set.

You should not try to tell Santa what to bring you. Ask Santa what to bring you. And make sure the wife knows what you asked him for. That way she can communicate it to him better than you can how good you were this year. Women are better communicators. Therefor you will have better luck getting them. :lol: And you can't buy yourself those presents! :) That wouldn't be fair.

The x27 is amazing! My buddy has one and man can he split some wood with that thing. I want one but baileys is out of stock:(

lol..i asked santa for the x27 also

He's going to have to give the reindeer steroids this year- a request was made in my home also!

OK...now I want a Fikars, but which one? I am 5' 7" and split all of my wood by hand. Bailey's has the X27 for 39.99 and the X25 for 41.99. I am leaning towards the X27.

Get the x27 and the Fiskars axe sharpner at same time.

coltfever said:
Get the x27 and the Fiskars axe sharpner at same time.

I am on Bailey's website now...I will look at the sharpener and some wedges!

I just ordered the X27, the sharpener, and a falling wedge :coolsmile:

Wow,it's officially christmas!

My x27 is already wrapped and under the tree. My x25 has served me well. I've got nothing left to split come christmas morning. I need to work on that!

I believe that santa may have an x11 for me this year. Hoping anyway.

pen

I got the X27 earlier on this year. I like it.

I did have to break out the wedge for some bigger rounds this weekend.
the heart wood was unusually hard.

I bet either one will still look like new in 5 years.... :cheese:

smokinjay said:

good point... especially with that hydro splitter he sports around.

mecreature said:
smokinjay said:

It looks brand new too! :lol:

smokinjay said:
mecreature said:
smokinjay said:

It looks brand new too! :lol:

I think its more for looks then anything else. LOL

I got the X27 earlier this year for my birthday (emailed my wife a link to where to buy it online). I bought the 27 because the handle length is the same as the maul that I've been using. The Fiskars was much nicer on the small and medium pieces. I used it on some large, fresh cut oak rounds but it just bounced off with pretty strong vibration in the handle. My maul bounced off as well but I was able to work around the edges and split several of the rounds with my maul. I'm glad to have the Fiskars but it did not enable me to split wood that I couldn't already split with a maul. It was much nicer for the small stuff since it was very light to lift and easy to swing.

Attachments

• FiskarsX27.jpg
    FiskarsX27.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 194
  • rounds.jpg
    rounds.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 183
I asked for a X25 from my inlaws for christmas as Walmart carries them and are easy to get. Inlaws dont do internet.

Santa also got a request for an x27 from my household as well. Too many of you must have claimed sleigh space with your x27's so mine came via UPS today... And since the bottom of the box was tore out, I figured I could take it for a trial run. An hour later it is safely back inside, and 3/4 cord of pine rounds have turned into a heap of pine splits. =D

My X27 is on B/O from Bailey's :shut:

Even though I am a pellet burner inside, I have been doing campfires at home and camping. I finally ended up with a chainsaw also! LOL My X27 shipped today!
First time user of a chain saw now an axe! Fun so far! Thanks for all the advise on this forum!

Jim

Jim H. said:
Even though I am a pellet burner inside, I have been doing campfires at home and camping. I finally ended up with a chainsaw also! LOL My X27 shipped today!
First time user of a chain saw now an axe! Fun so far! Thanks for all the advise on this forum!

Jim

Oh, I think we got you hook now........ ;-) NEW STOVE TIME!

Nah, love the look of the wood stove, but the ease of pellets! Actually watched This Old House and they had a segment on an easy way to split wood with an axe. I know it has been talked about here as well.....using a bungie around the bottom to keep from flying off the cutting block. Also looked like they were using an X25.....he cut a few rounds by what looked like just letting gravity work.....splits like butter! I am stoked on getting my new toy! If I keep checking the shipping status, will it get here faster? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.