1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

I Took the Plunge!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Ralphie Boy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Sealed the deal on a new Buck 80 insert today. I looked at several brands but, with tight funds, I got the most bang for my dollar with Buck. For several reasons, both mine and his, the dealer will not be out the 17th to install. Hey, I ain't gonna do it; I dont even know which end of the screwdriver you use to drive a nail.;em

I did a lot of pondering, reading and talking with others before I choose a cat stove/insert. Seems like I'll get longer burn times and use less wood with the cat. :eek: Oh No! there's that sound, you know the can of worms being opened again. It's not my intent to start a "heated discussion" just sharing my happiness with a few hundred of my closest friends.()

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Buck is one of those brands that doesn't seem to get the air time of many other brands. On the other hand, I have heard very little negative stuff about them, as well.
    Congrats of the purchase and let us know how it goes. Are you replacing a unit or is this the first go around?
  3. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    Buck has been a fixture in this part of the country for at least 3 decades. Pretty solid company/product, IMO.

Congrats, Ralphie! :)
  4. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Step away from the tools, you are too close to the tools.
    Congrats on the new insert. Of course, we'll need pics.:cool:
    Hearth Mistress likes this.
  5. Todd 2

Todd 2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Good Plunge RB, same here about hearing very little negative on them. I'm really enjoying the cat side of my new stove, Meow's are A-OK in my book along with 5 or 7 other stoves I really like the look of.
    The wait till the 17th is the part that would work on my anticipation :) pics & performance reviews in time !

Todd 2
  6. claybe

claybe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Colorado
    The dealer I used out here ins CO said they sell more bucks than any other stove, but then again, that is what they stock. I still got the BK princess insert cheaper than the buck 91 would have been. Hope it works great for you!
  7. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Ralph, congrats on the purchase! I hear good things about the Buck. Make sure you post some pics of your install, I know I posted one or two of mine.....:p;)
    Ralphie Boy likes this.
  8. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Nice. We'll expect lots of details.

I'd let somebody else handle the 8" liner, too ;)
  9. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Good! We need more Buck owners on this site!
  10. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Thanks every one! Pictures and review to come just as soon as the 80 is installed.
  11. BIGDADDY

BIGDADDY Feeling the Heat

You sound like one happy Buckaroo!! Congrats .