I would like to thank you all.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty0844

Dec 7, 2009
Eastern Shore,Maryland
During the "Great Mid-Atlantic" storm we lost power around 11pm Friday and didn't get it back until 11am this morning. We blocked off the upstairs and my house stayed at a nice comfy 70-75. My home and the only other wood burner on the block became community centers. I met people that I've never met before and the whole situation brought my neighborhood closer. This wouldn't have been possible without the valuable knowledge and tips I have picked up from this site.

So I'd like to extend my gratitude to all of the people that share their expediences here.

You're welcome. %-P

Alot of people ask why on earth would you heat with a wood stove when you can just turn up a thermostat? Well...guess that answers that question. :)

Yes Scotty. It is just one more good thing about wood stoves. I'll also bet no neighbors complain about the smell of wood smoke or even about your wood piles. Glad to hear you made some new friends.

That's awesome!!! Glad to hear it!!! Also glad you got your electricity back. ; p

This thread really made my day. There's nothing like being given a dope slap every now and then to make you appreciate the importance of "doing for yourself". But more importantly, offering warmth and hospitality to relative strangers when they're in need. I wonder if any of them will consider adding a stove to their homes as a result of the storm and the warmth of your home?

This is what it's all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.