ID this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I sent him an email requesting more ID information. All of the newer buck stoves i see have a curly cue looking deal where that name tag is. If it's a newer buck I'd be all over it. He says it's older in the ad though. That's what's confusing.

I'd say Buck it!
buck2.jpeg buck1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I sent him an email requesting more ID information. All of the newer buck stoves i see have a curly cue looking deal where that name tag is. If it's a newer buck I'd be all over it. He says it's older in the ad though. That's what's confusing.

Well, it's older....but not as older as the original Buck Stoves.....

My guess is that it's 1982 or 1983 as opposed to the 1978-1981 that most other Bucks are......

I'm not sure of the model #, but to be it looks almost identical to the original line (2600,2700) except with the addition of a "lopi look" door - which they probably stuck on there when demand for glass doors got bigger in the early 80's.

In other words, no cat - no EPA, fan in the back of the stove, etc. - those fans and thermostats can be expensive if they are not working, so be careful.

He claims it doesn't have a thermostat, just an on/off switch for the blower. Is he just ignorant of the operation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.