Ideal Steel Hearth Pad Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheeshshe

May 29, 2016
Maine
I need to build the hearth this week, I will be doing a corner hearth pad and I will be using a heat shield. With using the heat shield, it says I can reduce the corner clearance to 6". The manual says that a corner installation needs a minimum of 54"x54" hearth pad, however the diagram shows a 60" pad... I don't understand the "calculating a corner hearth pad" equation that they give. Does anyone have the exact measurements for a corner hearth pad for the ideal steel with the heat shield?

Great question! I have the same confusion, as I will be installing an Ideal Steel next year. The info seems inconsistent.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wondering it this is an inadvertent copy and paste mistake from another Woodstock stove manual? It describes not centering the stove, but that would seem to be applicable to a side-loader, not the front loading IS. When in doubt, call up Woodstock.

Minimum hearth size in a corner installation must be 54”x54”
(with the front corner cut off). NOTE: On a hearth of minimum
size, the stove will not be centered left to right, but will
meet the minimum required clearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.