If only I could do this at will

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I loaded up the insert late last night after waking up and finding that the football game was indeed over.
There were only embers left and I put in the rod a little so there was some air available.
I woke up around 5:30 and as I'm laying there, all of a sudden I see some light reflected on the wall.
It was the stove! It had waited until 5:30 to burst into flame.
Now, if only I could program this.
It would be a set-back stove!

That's fantastic Velvetfoot . . . gotta love those coals.

I think something similar happened to Soupy as well (snicker snicker).

I think I missed that game - who won? :)

Slow1 said:
I think I missed that game - who won? :)

i don't think it mattered to Velvetfoot! :)

Hey, it happened again!
I put in a big (for the 2700i) log last night and another big piece.
When I got up this morning, it was burning nicely.

A set-back wood stove...awesome! :)

If I follow what you were doing (loaded the stove w/ wood, left the air low, and it caught several hours later) That is NOT a recommended way to operate a stove.

pen

I don't usually do that, but I was tired and didn't want to nurse it til it caught fire.

I'm guessing it smoldered most the night, till it finally lit off.

I have always said that these things burn backwards. Don't need the hot burn just before bedtime. Need it starting at two in the morning and when the temps get to their lowest just before sunup.

The log I put in there was pretty big.
Got a nice hot fire going quick in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.