If you are here, then you are here.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
The server has landed......
of course, now I have to find all the problems!

making certain pics work.....

Attachments

• PT1212.jpg
    PT1212.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 536
Site loads faster! It was kind of sluggish for me before.

So far - so good - actually faster loading (but that could just be weather here - satellite at home..... slow -but a bit faster than dial up) That chimney cap looks real familiar - who makes those things anyways?

Trying another pic - yeah, this server should be faster in the long run - but what happens is we all end up piling more junk and people on it, so then it will slow down someday....then I will get a faster one...

But this should handle about 3x the load of the former one, which was never fully loaded either.....

Attachments

• PT1212_CaP12.jpg
    PT1212_CaP12.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 459
jest notyced that muself. We need Elk. If all his spelling is correct than thier really is a problum. Side frum that nevr evan knew the change o curred. Nice job Web!!

Webmaster said:
Hows aboutss the speling?

Let me make sertain the speling library is onn

Hmmm,. I don't see the spelling thingy.....where the heck was it?

If you hit post reply instead of fast reply there is a link at the bottom for the spell checker. And good work on the thumbnails, that always drove me nuts.

I admin a few linux servers, one of which is a webserver, and I am pretty handy with it so if you ever have questions you can ask me if you want.

Jt knows about servers and stoves! Wow, welcome to the club.....cool.

I fixed the other spelling this morning, so it should work in most cases now........technical explanation...

The spelling can work two ways - if we don't have a certain piece of software installed on this server, it goes out to google and grabs the spelling from there (neat trick)........but now we have that software installed, so it probably uses that. My own browser (firefox) spell checks every word anyway, but until the rest of the world gets around to using firefox (highly suggested), we need those other methods.

I've been crying the big tears for 5 years now with the dial-up.....but would make the trade again in a sec for the house in the woods I have on acreage....maybe someday I'll have hi-speed again.......oh well

Webmaster said:
Jt knows about servers and stoves! Wow, welcome to the club.....cool.

I fixed the other spelling this morning, so it should work in most cases now........technical explanation...

The spelling can work two ways - if we don't have a certain piece of software installed on this server, it goes out to google and grabs the spelling from there (neat trick)........but now we have that software installed, so it probably uses that. My own browser (firefox) spell checks every word anyway, but until the rest of the world gets around to using firefox (highly suggested), we need those other methods.

The google toolbar also spellchecks. I love having that thing up there. Use it for quick searching, quick map finding and spell checker.

I still cant get here from either netscape or firefox. only from AOL which sucks... any ideas
net and fire both say unable to connect or connection refused.

remove AOL from your computer, heh.

nshif said:
I still cant get here from either netscape or firefox. only from AOL which sucks... any ideas
net and fire both say unable to connect or connection refused.

Did you flush the cache in both those browsers? They are obviously still trying the old IP, which is not on the internet, but somehow stuck in your browser........

Who is your net provider? Do you enter your own DNS (name servers) in your internet setup, or is it automatic?
First thing is to try to completely flush the cache.....in your preference panel.

We are here! Thanks Craig. Being a fellow IT person I can appreciate all the hard work. It is faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.