Ignitor - AfterMarket for Enviro specs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil san

Jul 15, 2008
South Shore, MA
Enviro Empress FI. Ignitor went bad. Under warranty but all the local dealers use a regional supply house, whom happens to be out of stock till Thanksgiving, yet 3 of them have an inhouse item they have for retail sales only at $140. Rippoff city!! Lighting manually but a PIA.

McMaster.com has replacements at decent prices. So I would assume I need a 400W with same specs as OEM. Instead of measuring and eyeballing, does any one know what the replacement size would be and or have any similar experience? To me, all I need is 400w, it has a common and hot lead and can not see how it would effect the control board if it fits.

link: http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplC...&McMMainWidth=1471&sesnextrep=420736344773955

I don't know about your brand stove but almost all the Harman stoves use a 300 watt igniter. If the igniter you put in to replace the one you have is of heavier wattage I would think you might overload the wiring in your stove. Where did you came up with the 400 watt number? Below is a link from one of the forum members that may help you in finding out what igniter you need, or can use.

http://www.chromalox.com/productcat...aters/Cartridge/CIR/model-details.aspx?m=3253

Bkins

400w is the spec on the replacement part sheet and for an online store replacement.

Then 400 watts it should be. Hope your able to find one that meets your needs before your dealer gets there.

Bkins

phil san said:
Enviro Empress FI. Ignitor went bad. Under warranty but all the local dealers use a regional supply house, whom happens to be out of stock till Thanksgiving, yet 3 of them have an inhouse item they have for retail sales only at $140. Rippoff city!! Lighting manually but a PIA.

McMaster.com has replacements at decent prices. So I would assume I need a 400W with same specs as OEM. Instead of measuring and eyeballing, does any one know what the replacement size would be and or have any similar experience? To me, all I need is 400w, it has a common and hot lead and can not see how it would effect the control board if it fits.

link: http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplC...&McMMainWidth=1471&sesnextrep=420736344773955

The enviro ignitor is not just the element
a mounting flang is welded tube that will only fit a few model of Enviro

Attachments

• 50-619 gnitor.jpg
    50-619 gnitor.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 597
Stove Doc - Thank youuu!!! OK! That saves me a lot of needless work pulling the insert out. Guess I'll just light manually till an ignitor comes in. In a worst case, i'd see if I could rig up a replacement $25.00 job with some kind of attachment.

Tried a source on line but they have a lead time of a week prior to ship. Any ideas on where these come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.