I'm freezing!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cearbhaill

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2007
The deep end
My outdoor temps got upwards of 62ºF today, so I let my fire go out this morning :down:
So here I sit in my freezing basement- it's always cool down here but the dampness of the day is just getting to me.

My insert has always drafted very well. Is there any harm in my firing it back up before the outdoor temperatures drop back down? It's supposed to be in the 40º's tomorrow morning, but the drop is allegedly not going to happen until 2-3 am.
I don't want to wait until then.

Draft issues aside- is there an outdoor temperature above which you should not burn?
My mid season clean out yielded very little ash- less than a cup- if forming deposits is a consideration.

I just miss my fire!

We run our showroom wood burners in the middle of the summer if someone wants to see them. A little harder to get going but they seem to work alright.

It should work ok. Just burn a short hot fire.

jtp10181 said:
We run our showroom wood burners in the middle of the summer if someone wants to see them. A little harder to get going but they seem to work alright.

So I can burn all summer?? ;-P

Thank you, thank you, thank you :exclaim:

Status
Not open for further replies.