im pooped

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
tree #1 dead standing locust i dropped the other day..
2011-12-08111416-1.gif

2011-12-08115552.gif

tree #2 another dead standing locust dropped the same day
2011-12-08111434.gif

2011-12-08124219.gif

locust#3 bucked
2011-12-08132145.gif

locust#4 bucked
2011-12-08150141.gif

red oak
2011-12-08133201.gif

2011-12-08141537.gif

I'd be pooped too. You have any help at all? Thats a lot of wood :exclaim:

nope just me

I know the feeling. I just got some free wood from a tree service. 2/3 of a cord c/s/s/ some big oak. I am pooped and a little tender. but it was free so I can't complain. I will when the wife gets home HEHE

Nice pics steel. Nice work on those trees. Rest those muscles and relax in front of the fire tonight. How much wood have you burned this year so far. Been pretty warm hasn't it?

i plan on it.....big steelers game tonight....probably burnt 1/2 cord or so....

the kicker is i dont have a truck...so i have to walk 1/4 mile in with saw.. log jack...gas..oil...and all my tools to get to this wood...and 1/4 out...not a long ways but man the way out seems forever......i get it hauled..but its not my truck.

steeltowninwv said:
the kicker is i dont have a truck...so i have to walk 1/4 mile in with saw.. log jack...gas..oil...and all my tools to get to this wood...and 1/4 out...not a long ways but man the way out seems forever......i get it hauled..but its not my truck.

I know well enough about the walking into the woods to get the wood. I usually flip the logs (about 51") to the road, then load them. How do you plan to get the split size logs out of there?

steeltowninwv said:

I hear ya on that. I have lots of wood back farther into the woods that I can not get my truck to. What I need to find is a cheap, used ATV and a trailer to tow behind it. Sounds like that would be good for you as well. :lol: Now that I think about it, a lot of things would be good to have. Wouldn't they? I need a wood splitter, trailer, ATV, Tractor would be really nice. Okay, I will stop there. :lol:

stejus..i am lucky enuf to have a neighbor who has a tractor...he hauls for me...and yes an atv i would think would work better for me than a truck would...one of these days..maybe

That's a lot of work there, a very nice collection of wood to show for it.

Hope you had that well deserved cold beer when you got home ;-)

steeltowninwv said:
stejus..i am lucky enuf to have a neighbor who has a tractor...he hauls for me...and yes an atv i would think would work better for me than a truck would...one of these days..maybe

Same here.. no truck in my garage but I have a friend that has a truck that is a secondary vehicle for him. Lucky for me and he always gets a bottle of JW Black for letting me use it to scrounge.

Man I wish my locast was that strait. All the ones I've scrounged so far have been landscape trees and have been pruned back so they have alot of y's. Oh well it's free. Nice wood you got there. Pat

Nice work steeltown.

steeltowninwv said:
i plan on it.....big steelers game tonight...

Yep, gotta keep up with the Ravens. Wild card at least.
ATV is nice, can skid some pretty big logs then cut where you want, saves hauling rounds.
Good job.
Primo BTUs there.

Is that a light dusting of snow on the ground or a heavy frost? We ended up with about 9" in this part of the state.

tiny bit of snow...

Looks like a good days work . You should be pooped to say the least .
Btw .... Did You decide on making the change to 3/8 th chain?

havent decided yet...just flirting with the idea...go steelers!

No worries as far as the
Steelers, They'll beat the Stains :)

Great pictures . . . and great work.

Wife roots for the Steelers . . . says as a kid she liked their logo . . . only reason she rooted for them as a kid.

Gasifier said:
I have lots of wood back farther into the woods that I can not get my truck to. What I need to find is a cheap, used ATV and a trailer to tow behind it.
Since I got the quad and trailer earlier this year, I'm getting wood that wasn't even on my radar before...too hard to get it out of these steep gullies with a "packhorse" and wheelbarrow.

i plan on it…..big steelers game tonight….probably burnt 1/2 cord or so….

Steel, I see your steelers did well.

Since I got the quad and trailer earlier this year, I’m getting wood that wasn’t even on my radar before…too hard to get it out of these steep gullies with a “packhorse†and wheelbarrow.

Woodystove,

Sounds like a nice set up you got. Care to post a pic of the wheeler with the trailer behind it? Two of my brothers have ATVs, one with a nice small trailer behind it. I got to get one sooner or later. Just need to get a couple of bills paid off before that and keep the wife happy. I really would like a Ranger 6x6 for a wood getter. Then I could plow with it as well. But those buggers are expensive. Oh well, maybe some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.