1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I'm redesigning my fireplace/hearth. Where can I find pictures for design ideas?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by ecfinn, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecfinn

ecfinn New Member

Loc:
    Ambler, PA
    Hi all,

I'm about to tear down the wood mantle, and painted bricks on the facade of my fireplace so I can rebuild it to look like more of a classic design. I'm also redoing the hearth itself. If I get a chance tonight I'll post a pic of the hideous purple/gold faux finish applied to the wood and bricks now. I'm installing an insert soon and would prefer something with a plain brick facade and solid stone mantle. I've got a friend who's a mason who will do the work for me, but I need to provide the design and that's where I'm struggling.

Where do I find lots of pictures of fireplaces to look through so my wife and I can pick the ideas we like? Are there industry magazines, or websites, or something? I've done a lot of google searches and not much has come up that's organized very well.

Any help/suggestions/ideas/pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Finn

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    Alot of fireplace dealers have the book(s) called Firespaces. They're full of great ideas. Also hit alot of dealer websites there are a few that have pictures of their work. The cultured stone catalog and website have numerous ideas for fireplaces as well. Manufacturer web sites have alot of great pictures too.
  3. Nokoni

Nokoni New Member

Try the library. I found several books there that give lots of ideas. I also found some good pictures in library books that were more like decorating books~log cabin home books had good pictures of different hearth and stove ideas.
  4. Mo Heat

Mo Heat Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    St. Louis, Missouri
  5. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    If you want a classic design, take a look at mine here:

Before the Osburn link

Look at the final pictures I posted. It's about as traditional a fireplace as you get....Colonial design.
  6. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    You can do a google or yahoo search under images . Search: hearth , fireplace , woodstove .
  7. gawebster

gawebster Member

Go to:

http://www.fireplacex.com

and click on Design Ideas.

There might be some hearth ideas there that may interest you.

Gary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.