In search of a circulating fan for older Lopi insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hooknline

May 7, 2008
Fort Bragg, CA
Hello all,
I am in the process of finding a circulating fan for an older Lopi insert. I am not sure just how old it is? it has an external damper on the top of the insert with and 8" diameter flue opening. It also has double doors. Not sure how much that would date it, any ideas?

The fans that are made for the newer Lopi inserts do not seem that they would fit well. The air control on this older stove are two small sliding doors, rather than the newer pull lever design. It would not be necessary to have the the newer fan style with the void in the middle to operate the air control.

With that said, would anyone here have a suggestion where i might find a fan that would fit this type of stove? I believe the dimensions of the ash tray (off the top of my head) are 2 feet long, 4 inches deep, and 3.5 inches above the surface of the hearth.

Contact a local Lopi dealer and get them a model number, or even maybe a picture of the insert.

thanks for the reply, i figured that it would be difficult to find parts for an older stoves. unfortunately the the plate that has the model number is unreadable, only the serial number is somewhat legible. Maybe serial number would work or just a photo?

STOVEGUY's got you on the right track. I'd write down the serial # and call your local dealer. They may want a picture too, but I'd think they'd want you to email it to them so they can pass it on to their distibuter if necessary. That and it will save you the gas, and the possible, "Well So-in-So's not here and he's the guy you really need to ask, come back later" reply.

You can call Travis Customer Service at 425 609-2500 Mike Paeth EXt 2543 for help too.

They can reference the serial number and identify which fan you would need to order for you insert.

Gary

hooknline said:
thanks for the reply, i figured that it would be difficult to find parts for an older stoves. unfortunately the the plate that has the model number is unreadable, only the serial number is somewhat legible. Maybe serial number would work or just a photo?

I am going through the same thing trying to find a blower for my older stove. In my post someone gave me a link to a place that sells after market blowers.

Look at my post "stove blower" for the link.

Good luck.

gawebster said:
You can call Travis Customer Service at 425 609-2500 Mike Paeth EXt 2543 for help too.

They can reference the serial number and identify which fan you would need to order for you insert.

Gary

Thanks for the contact Gary, I will be sure to give them a call.

I am going through the same thing trying to find a blower for my older stove. In my post someone gave me a link to a place that sells after market blowers.

Look at my post "stove blower" for the link.

Good luck.[/quote]

Looks like you found one, good luck to you as well. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.