In the market..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
. for a trimmer/ brushcutter. Lookin' for wisdom on a unit; I have your variety of standard weeds with wome groing to a 1/4 diameter that I don't think a cable will gut thru so I'd like something that I can switch out to blades on- if such a thing exists. I'd like a 4 cycle unit but that's not as important as the ability to attach either cord or cutting blade.
Thanks................

P.S. I was eyeballing this, checkout the reciews- I can compromise; http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179198000P

I have a Husky and yes you can go from string to a blade. When you start cutting the bigger stuff you will need a heavy duty trimmer. Check out Stihl also.

The blades are dangerous, you will need the chainsaw helmet. It shoots debrie and rocks like a bullet.

I have a 4 stroke Troybuilt. It has lots of attachments (string trimmer, brush blade, edger, rototiller, pole trimmer, blower, etc.) I have been happy with it going on 2 years. Starts easy, and I got the big model (don't remember the number) cuz I like lots of power when I am swinging that thing around.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go check stuff out tommorow....................

edit; BTW- y'know I have one of those chainsaw helmets, but for the life of me cannot get the earmuffs to fit for jack...................

Check out the Stihl line. I bought a FS-200 a few years ago and have never regretted it. It is easy to change from string to blades. They also have a poly cut blade that works well. A set of plastic blades type of thing. A few more bucks then the usual stuff, but worth it IMHO.

I have no doubt about the Stihl quality, problem here is that everyone at the dealer here are dicks.....................

Edit; I think I found what I'm lookin' for, and thanks for the other link/ thread but I'll still take a look at Ryobi.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179144000P

Thanks guys- I finally went witha Craftsman 32cc 4 stroke brush trimmer. It's cool- as an 8 blade cutting wheel as well as an attachment for a twin cord spool and other attachments ends availabel.....................

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 318
I did look some of the Echo stuff over, Monter, but it was another $120..........

WoodMann said:
Thanks guys- I finally went witha Craftsman 32cc 4 stroke brush trimmer. It's cool- as an 8 blade cutting wheel as well as an attachment for a twin cord spool and other attachments ends availabel.....................

Just bought the same one this spring. I love mine so far the 4 cycle cant be beat. Hopefully next spring I will not have another 2 cycle to fight with to get to run.

That's cool- I'm gonna try it out tommorow, it started raining buckets just after I got home...........

ALrighty- well it's a 2 stroke, but that's OK. This thing buts ever so impressively, I'll keep ya'll posted with developing news..........

Status
Not open for further replies.