Increased ethanol in gas - Stihl web-newsletter - warning + warrantee issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This shows no ethanol free in NH, but also seems to indicate that Irving stations sell ethanol free gas. I can't find any verification of this online though.

My google searching indicated that NH has been working on legislation to ban ethanol, but that it won't do any good unless 2 other states sign on because our market is too small for producers to make a special blend.

There was some stirrings up this way about going ethanol free . . . or at least not going with the E-15.

As for Irving gas stations selling ethanol-free . . . I would be surprised to find this since the Irving stations up here all have ethanol.

All of our boat marinas have regular gas, can't use ethanol in a lot of marine engines because of the damage. When ever its a life critical use, ethanol is not required. Like Alaska, anywhere stranded on the water. It's posted at ours on lake st Clair. It's been causing a lot of small engine damage, even our 1952 ford 8N tractor designed to run on 76 or higher octane has carb problems. Needs a rebuild or full drainage each season. Up until 3 years ago it never needed seals & gaskets. I will say the ethanol sure has cleaned the tank spotless.

Funny thing is ethanol is banned from use in govt. service vehicles and equipment. Not the cars tho.

Look up prices on new carbs for your saws, they are the new EPA ethanol throw aways. Its cheaper or close enough to buy a carb than a new rebuild kit for my still weed whips, blowers and saws.

Look up prices on new carbs for your saws, they are the new EPA ethanol throw aways. Its cheaper or close enough to buy a carb than a new rebuild kit for my still weed whips, blowers and saws.

Had carb troubles with my Ariens snow blower and my Echo leaf blower this week. Diagnosis on both: throw away carb and replace. There are no H/L mixture adjust screws on either, which really amazes me. How can a carburetor be factory set to work with all fuels at all temperatures and elevations?

saw the 15% for sale in springfield ohio for 2.47 a gallon last thursday. A freiend used some in a truck,,,,ran terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.