Individual Tools, holder, manufacturer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JKD

May 16, 2018
california
Hi. We have a log home and a Manchester Hearthstone stove. I love it. The tool set we use I got at an antique store and DH doesn't like them, so we're looking to replace what we use: the poker, the shovel and the base.

I want cast iron, not fancy and a carrier/base which will hold the two pieces, with a LIPPED edge. Seems simple enough, two pieces, a base/holder with a lip -- right? Haven't found such a thing. Find bases which hold all the tools, but 2x as much a we want, includes a broom and tongs. Or, I find what I want with a base and no lip.

I can probably locate a local artisan to make me such a thing if I have to. Is there a tool company out there which allows you to cherry pick, that is buy only what you want?

If this has been covered before, please just give me a pointer to that thread. In my looking through I found discussions of tools, but not if they were sold piece meal.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Most don’t bother with fireplace tools for a wood stove. The only tools I use are hearth gloves, a small coal shovel, and an ash rake. No pokers or tongs required, for dealing with a wood stove, those are fireplace-only tools.

We use welding gloves, works fine, so don't need those. But thanks anyway~ The woodsman company looks interesting.

Thanks!

We use welding gloves, works fine, so don't need those. But thanks anyway~ The woodsman company looks interesting.

Thanks!

Welding gloves work, but hearth gloves are sometimes less expensive, and usually look better sitting on the hearth. My welding gloves are all blue or gray, and over $20/pair, but my hearth gloves are Ace Hardware’s equivalent of these:

b405efe595a0cdef3ea7caccb62ff09c.jpg